This one owner, very well equipped Gozzard 37 has the “A” interior layout which features a combination two place dinette and a separate forward-facing nav station and a large galley. The boat was originally called Florida home before she was shipped back to the factory for detailing before made available for sale. The brightwork was just recently wooded down to bare teak and is basically ready to be refinished or oiled natural by the new owners. The deck has been professionally polished and detailed. All deck hatches have been removed and resealed including a new replacement foredeck hatch. The vent hatches have also had their lens’ sealed. The butterfly was stripped and refinished in Awlwood MA gloss with new lens. The hull is Flag blue Awlgrip and is very nice condition with no scars or bumper rash. The bottom paint is fully intact with no flaking.
The interior has rubbed effect varnish cherry joinery which has been cleaned and detailed with a few cosmetic repairs done by the factory wood-working team and is now in good condition. Galley counters have been cleaned and polished. All doors and drawers have been adjusted and all cabinet hinges have been replaced with new. The solid core teak and holly floor has been cleaned and detailed.
Accommodations (general description)
The Gozzard 37 interior is legendary for the beautiful cherry finish, exquisite joinery and absolutely innovative design.
The forward cabin/saloon in a Gozzard 37A easily converts from a comfortable settee area with an elegant built-in coffee table to a dining area for 6, to a centerline queen size sleeping berth that can be adjusted for sleepers over 6 feet tall. Storage behind the settee backs hide the large dining table and plenty more. A large locker just aft of the port side settee provides abundant storage for clothes, books, or extra provisions. A propane cabin heater with marble surround is to starboard. Discrete piano hinges on the locker door and the midships bulkhead allow for easy transformation of the forward salon into a private stateroom.
Continuing aft on the port is the forward facing navigation station followed by the refrigeration/freezer cabinet. On the starboard side is the dinette followed by the L-shaped galley.
On the port side of the companionway is the head complete with shower and features convenient access to the engine compartment behind the companionway steps and the forward lazarette. Aft on the starboard side is the aft cabin with king size berth and additional lockers for clothes.
The galley features a large stainless steel sink with standard hot/cold faucet and a handpump for either fresh or external water. The Avian counter tops offer plenty of workspace and the unique dish locker keeps dishes secure in any seas. Additional features include:
- 11 gal hot water heater (engine and 110v)
- Frigoboat two-section heavily insulated refrigerator/freezer
- Undercounter GE microwave
- SS Force 10 two-burner gimbaled stove w/oven & broiler
- Stern mounted Force 10 Cylinder shaped grill
- One 20 lb and one 10 lb propane tanks, in bow locker
- Pedestal mount Ritchie power damp compass
- Icom IC-M502 VHF at navigation station
- VHF Command mic at helm
- Raymarine E90W MFD Hybridtouch at the navigation station
- Raymarine E90W MFD Hybridtouch at the helm|
- Raymarine autopilot control at the helm
- Two Raymarine i70 displays at the helm
- Lewmar controls for bow thruster at the helm
- Fusion MSUD-650 stereo with JL Audio speakers
- set up for 600 AH AGM house battery bank and dedicated engine starting battery – currently batteries have been removed and will need replacement.
- 3 solar panels on brackets above davits
- 150 amp alternator with multistage voltage regulator
- Bass electric breaker panel
Sails and Rigging
- In-mast furling main (2009)
- Furling staysail and genoa (2009)
- Cruising spinnaker (2000) with very little use
- Storm Jib
- Lewmar 40 ECST electric halyard winch port fwd cockpit
- Lewmar 30 CST winch – cockpit stbd fwd
- Two Lewmar 48 CST primary winches
- All control lines led to the cockpit thru deck organizers and jam cleats
Engines and Mechanical
- Westerbeke W63B 4 cylinder, naturally aspirated, marine diesel
- Bow Thruster (updated 2012)
- Engine instruments: Tach, hour meter, water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter, fuel gauge
- Binnacle/center console w/32″ traditional teak wheel
- 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning (2019)
- Panda 4 kW generator with approx. 1,200 hours
- Awlgripped painted hull
- 35 lb CQR has 120’ chain with 200’ 5/16″ HR chain, Delta fast set 35lb. anchor with 50′ 5/16″ HT chain and 150′ 5/8″ nylon rode
- Lewmar 1200 vertical electric windlass with up and down footswitches
- Anchor wash down in the forward deck locker
- Stainless steel handholds on coachroof port and starboard
- Dodger with fixed windscreen with Sunbrella upper portion
- Bimini with two-piece connector
- Integrated stainless steel dinghy davits with 4 part block and tackle
- Outboard motor mount
The boat’s systems have been fully tested and reviewed with all issues documented. Where necessary, critical equipment repairs have been made including a new engine thru-hull suggesting her systems should easily pass a marine survey. The black water system has been completely renewed with premium sanitation hoses and a new toilet. But perhaps the best feature of this boat is the fact she is located at the factory were any additional work repairs or modifications can be completed at the highest level. Currently fully winterized and shrink wrapped.
Lying Goderich ON – asking $195,000.00 USD Offers encouraged.
Click on the image to see additional photos of this Gozzard 37