Black Rose is an exceptionally well equipped, one owner Gozzard 41 “A”. While she has been cruised mostly on the Great Lakes for the majority of her career as a Canadian flagged vessel, she did take her dedicated owners south on two separate occasions in 2006 and again in 2011. Each time the boat was fully prepped and updated for the trip by the factory and indeed nearly all the work and maintenance done on this boat since new has been by factory personnel. In 2015/16 she was prepped once again to head south but this time personal issues cut the trip short only weeks into journey and she was returned home. I know you have heard and read this this before but this boat truly is ready to go with no expense spared to get her ready. Add water, fuel, food, a crew and set sail – this boat is as reliable and as properly set up for the liveaboard lifestyle as any used boat you might find.
As you will see in some of the pictures, Black Rose has a lot of the gear you normally only find on our latest models – hard tops, mainsheet arch, the new high arch davits with transom corner seats with removable arms, electric transom and a totally custom full windshield with a hinged center window for ventilation. Her batteries have been replaced, as was the engine in 2010. And just before she left this last time she was fitted with over 400 watts of custom solar panels mounted on the two hard tops.
This Gozzard 41 is offered for sale and includes all factory rights, privileges of the original owner with all remaining warranties transferred and full factory tech support.
The “A” interior employs all of the innovative and popular Gozzard characteristics.
There is storage, storage and more storage throughout! The off white Ultra leather cushions, cultured marble galley countertops with the Cherry interior make for a stunning presentation. Please see the line drawing for specifics.
- Full width hanging/storage locker forward of the main salon. Main salon settee has large and small tables and converts to a walk around centerline queen berth
- The main bulkhead closes off to make a private forward stateroom
- Built in TV to starboard and bulkhead mounted propane heater to port with MORE storage
- Large U-shaped galley with settee. The nav station is opposite to starboard
- Large head with shower stall. Cultured marble vanity top
- Aft cabin has king berth, hanging locker and MORE drawers..
U shaped galley provides plenty of storage and work surface space. The U-shape provides an efficient and safe working area while underway.
- Force 10 3 burner stove with oven and broiler
- 2- 20 lb propane tanks
- Nova Cool fridge/freezer
LOA: 47′ – 0″ / Beam: 13′ – 6″ / LWL: 35′ – 4″ / Length on Deck: 41′ – 0″ / Draft: 5′ – 3″ Empty / Displacement: 23500 lbs / Ballast: 8600 lbs / Air Draft: 59′ – 6″
Brand: Beta Marine / Year: 2010 / Model: Beta 65 / Fuel: Diesel / Hours: 300 / Propeller: 3 blade MP / Horsepower: 65 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Vinyl-ester – 175 Gallons / Fuel Tanks: Aluminum – 101 Gallons / Holding Tanks: Vinyl-ester – 40 Gallons
Sails & Rigging
- Stack Pack mainsail with electric halyard winch
- Selden Electric Topsail furler,
- All lines lead to cockpit via Spinlock sheet stoppers
- Electric winch on cabin top for halyards
Navigation & Communication
- Richie SP5C compass Raymarine chart plotter/radar with AIS
- ST60 wind instruments
- ST60 tridata
- SSB rasio with Pactor 4 modem
- VHF with remote at helm
Deck & Hull
The cockpit has full enclosure Exterior bright work is finished with Cetol.
- 2016 deck non skid painted
- 2016 NEW fixed windshield with hard bimini
- 2016 400 watts solar panels on hard bimini
- Max prop
- Wind generator
- 60# CQR on 250′ HT chain
- 40# Bruce on 50′ chain and 250′ rode
- Fortress stern anchor
- OB crane and motor mount
- Cockpit hot and cold shower at the drop down stern
- Mainsheet arch
- Propane grill
- Drop down transom/swim platform
- Maxwell vertical electric windlass with controls at helm and bow
Mechanical & Electrical
- Inverter – charger in 2006
- 6 HP bow thruster
- Battery monitor
- 900 amp house bank, new batteries in 2012 with upgraded wiring
- Dual Racor filters
- Fuel gauge
- Reverse cycle AC/heat
- 10′ RIB with OB
- Kiss wind generator
Lying Goderich (Factory) ON – asking $329,000.00 USD
Click on the image to see additional photos of Black Rose